With this adapter you will get full native support for all the new features of new OSX 10.10 Yosemite such as Continuity, Handoff and new AirDrop, which are not supported by old MacPro.
No soldering, or cutting cables is required for the installation of this product.
It is a simple plug & play solution and it is fully Internal.
Adapter Supports and Designed for:
Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD - 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with Bluetooth 4.0 (included)
(Apple wireless cards are NEW and are tested by our team to be in 100% working condition.)
WiFi: Vendor ID: 0x14E4 Product ID: 0x111 Bluetooth: Vendor ID: 0x05AC Product ID: 0x828D
Native Airdrop Support
Native Handoff Support for OS X Yosemite 10.10+ and OS X El Capitan 10.11+
Native Support NO other kext or any patching needed
Support Apple Bluetooth Keyboard, Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad
Mac Pro 2008 (3,1), 2007 (2,1) or 2006 (1,1)
Mac OS X 10.10 or newer
1 x Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD - 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with Bluetooth 4.0
1 x Original Apple wireless card to Mini PCI-E Adapter
1 x Installation Guide for Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD or BCM94331CD
Each adapter is manually tested prior to release to ensure faultless performance. Step-by-step installation guide will help to install your wireless adapter easily and quickly. Our team is always on stand-by to help you with your questions and concerns 24/7. Please email your questions to our support team at email@example.com
International Buyers Disclosure:
Import Duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. It is the responsibility of the buyer to check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to purchase.
Customer Reviews 9 item(s)
- Works Perfectly Mac Pro 1,1
- Works great in my 1,1 running Yosemite. Do as others have stated, remove the factory wifi & bluetooth cards and swap this one in. You'll have to reconnect your keyboard & mouse.
- Works great!
Works great, the instructions were a little thin so I added a tutorial on how to install install for a 2008 Mac Pro, should be similar on previous models.
- Works perfectly. Remove your old Bluetooth module
The new WiFi worked immediately because the old WiFi card is replaced by this card. However, I had to remove the original Bluetooth card before the new one in this combined card was recognised.
- Works GREAT with Yosemite and Handoff!
- worked great! Got it before Yosemite came out so did not know how (and if for certain) Handoff would work, but now enjoying ALL the features of Handoff/Continuity WONDERFULLY with my 2008 MacPro, my iPad Air 2, and my iPhone 5s. This really really allows me to keep the MacPro another few years. Woohooo!!
- Works as advertised, excellent upgrade for the 2008 Mac Pro.
- This card works as advertised. I am very pleased. My old 2008 Mac Pro is now fully functioning with continuity and hand-off. Bluetooth 4.0 LE and 802.11 ac work great. While the installation is easy, the included instructions were rather sub-standard. Just as an FYI, if handoff/continuity isn't working after installation, you may have to log the mac out of iCloud and then log back in. Again, very happy with this purchase.
- 5-Star Card
This Card is Excellent it does exactly what you expect it to do.
A Couple things to note. If you are antenna wires are labeled, then the order from right to left (using the product image above as a guide) is 3, 1, BT, 2. I believe the card shows 0 1 3 2, but for some reason the 0 goes to 3 and the 3 go to the BT cable. Not sure if it mattered or not, but I also removed my existing BT chip, so as not to cause any conflict.
Booted right up with not issues in Yosemite Beta 4 and now my Mac Pro 3,1 early 2008 has full native Handoff Continuity and Airdrop capabilities.
- Works perfect in MacPro 2008
- Works perfect in MacPro 2008 tumbs up! USPS needed 3 weeks to deliver to germany long but ok - thanks for the great product.
- Easy upgrade for a 2008 Mac Pro
- Works great with my 2008 Mac Pro. I need Bluetooth 4.0 for some fitness gear, and I removed the original Bluetooth and Wifi cards, swapped in this and connected the antennas and it all works as if it was from the factory.
- Works exactly as described
- Great product, I am very happy with the results. Works perfectly. Customer service was amazing as well.