Installation Guide for Mac Pro 2009 (4,1) and Mac Pro 2010-2012 (5,1) – Apple Broadcom BCM943602CDP – 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with Bluetooth 4.2 Upgrade Kit
• Locate your Mac Pro. It should look like the photo below
Open the Mac Pro
• Shut down computer.
• Look at the back and pull the lever that you will find there.
• Once the lever is pulled out, the side panel can be removed – you don’t need use any screwdrivers or make any effort. However,
Hold the lever in the extended position - otherwise you will lock the drive bays.
• Once the side panel is removed, below is the view you should see:
Remove the hard-drive bays
• Removing the drive bays is easy. Just pull and they slide out. (Make sure latch on the back panel is up, so that drives and carriers are unlocked).
Remove the fan
• Remove 2 screws.
• Slide the fan up and out of the computer.
Remove the PCI bracket
• Loosen 2 captive screws securing PCI bracket to enclosure and remove the bracket from the computer.
Remove CPU/RAM tray
• Press down and release 2 latches on the front of the processor tray.
• Holding the tray by latches, lift it out of the computer
• Disconnect 3 cables from the logic board
• Using long-handled screwdriver, loosen 6 captive screw
• The processor cage includes two fans, one at each end of the cage. Prior to removing the cage from the enclosure, you must release the top latches on each fan and push fans partway into cage
• To release the latches holding the front fan to cage, press down on the bottom of the cage, while using flat blade screwdriver to release latch from top of the cage. Slide fan partway into the cage, so that fan clears enclosure. Repeat these steps for the rear fan.
• Using 2.5 mm hex driver, remove 5 mushroom-head screws.
• Slide the cage out of the housing. Important: Before you reinstall cage in enclosure, fans must be inserted partway into the cage
• Locate AirPort Extreme Card and Bluetooth Card
• Disconnect 3 (possibly you have 2 antenna wires, just disconnect 2) antenna wires
• Disconnect cable from Bluetooth card
• Remove screw. Slide the card out of connector and remove card from the computer.
• Place the antenna cable behind the front-panel-board-to-backplane-board cable
• Connect the antenna cable to the J3 Bluetooth terminal. And connect 2 or 3 antenna wires.
• Slide the card with the adapter and all 4 antennas attached, into the mPCIe slot. Tighten the adapter in place with one of two screws holding the old card.
• Connect Bluetooth data cable. Make sure Grey (left side) wire connects to D+ and black (right side) wire connects to D-.
Note: If you bought extension cable, instead of external antenna kit
• Attach the original Bluetooth antenna to the extension cable
• Attach the bracket to the computer and screw the 2 screws
• Slide the CPU/RAM cage in the housing
• Connect 3 cables from logic board
• Using 2.5 mm hex driver, screw 5 mushroom-head screws.
• Push the front fan into the cage, and repeat the steps for the rear fan
• Using long-handled screwdriver, screw 6 captive screws
• Insert the CPU/RAM tray and then snap in the 2 latches on the front of the processor tray
• Place fan back in the computer. Just push it in exactly the same way as it was pushed out screw the 2 screws
• Slide in the hard drive into the drive bay
• Replace the panel. Then, lower the latch down
• Attach the antenna to the back of the computer, or use the included extension