Installation Guide for Mac Pro 2009 (4,1) and Mac Pro 2010-2012 (5,1) – Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD / BCM943602CDP – 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with Bluetooth 4.0 / 4.2 Upgrade Kit
• Locate your Mac Pro. It should look like the photo below
Open the Mac Pro
• Shut down computer.
• Look at the back and pull the lever that you will find there.
• Once the lever is pulled out, the side panel can be removed – you don’t need use any screwdrivers or make any effort. However,
Hold the lever in the extended position - otherwise you will lock the drive bays.
• Once the side panel is removed, below is the view you should see:
Remove the PCI bracket
• Loosen 2 captive screws securing PCI bracket to enclosure and remove the bracket from the computer.
Remove CPU/RAM tray
• Press down and release 2 latches on the front of the processor tray.
• Holding the tray by latches, lift it out of the computer
• After removing the tray, you can see the same as you see in the picture.
• Remove screw
• Slide the card out of connector and remove card from the computer
• Slide out cables from the holder
• Attach the bracket to the computer
• Connect the antenna cable to the Bluetooth terminal
• Next, attach WIFI antenna cables
• Slide the card, with all 4 antennas attached, into the mPCIe slot. Tighten the adapter in place with screw.
• Connect Bluetooth data cable. Make sure Grey (left side) wire connects to D+ and black (right side) wire connects to D-.
• Disconnect Original Bluetooth data cable.
• Connect Original Bluetooth data cable with the new Bluetooth data cable as shown in the picture
Note: If you bought extension cable, instead of external antenna kit
• Attach the original Bluetooth antenna to the extension cable
• Attach the bracket to the computer and screw the 2 screws
• Insert the CPU/RAM tray and then snap in the 2 latches on the front of the processor tray
• Replace the panel. Then, lower the latch down
• Attach the antenna to the back of the computer, or use the included extension